Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

Week 25: My Week

March 30,2015


Hi everyone!

        I feel like my last few weeks have been super boring and my emails have been as well, so sorry! Alan, our investigator, is still doing super well. We've had some really good lessons with him recently, and he's progressing well towards baptism :). Besides Alan, there is not much happening here in Sonoma. There are 6 missionaries here and each companion only has like 1 solid investigator.

        On Wednesday we had interviews with President Alba and Sister Alba. They were pretty uneventful, except we're pretty sure that they will be closing one of the Sonoma Spanish areas soon! We aren't sure if they will close ours or the sisters, but either way, there will be some changes soon!

        As long as I'm in Sonoma I remain in awe of all of the expensive cars we see! There was a day last week where I'm sure we saw 20 Porsches, a handful of Teslas, a Lotus, a Ferrari and countless Mustangs and Camaros. There is a lady in our ward here who owns a Tesla. If you don't know what a Tesla is, it's a fully electric car that has sooo many cool features. The new ones have an autopilot, so they can back out of your car, and set the climate control and be waiting for you at the curb, without you being in it! They can also change lanes, drive on open roads and stop and go traffic, all alone. They can identify and find open parking spots and park for you as well!

        Ok, I'll stop telling you about the Tesla, but I've decided I want one, haha.

        I'm really excited for General Conference this week and the chance that we'll have to hear from our Prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that his words are the most important things that we can study and apply in our lives. The words of a living Prophet are much more valuable to us than old prophets. So keep that in mind, and pay attention this weekend ;).

Love you all,

Elder Butterfield

PS: If you want to read something fun and that will help you feel the Spirit very strongly, read the Liahona or Ensign from this month :) Especially the article called "It isn't a sin to be weak." That's an EXCELLENT article :)

No comments:

Post a Comment