Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

WEEK 11: Transfers! I will be training a greenie! Christmas parade, party and Chorale!

December 15, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

So it's only been like 3 days since I last emailed, so there's not a lot that happened. Well I guess that's a lie; there was a lot that happened, just in only a few days!

So in Benicia, the rich town south of Vallejo, there was a trio of Elders. Two of them ended up going home early, so on Thursday night, my companion and I got assigned to team up with the one Elder left! We spent almost the entire weekend down in Benicia, because we cover that area as well.

During dinner, on Friday, I got a call from the Mission President informing me that I will be training a new missionary next transfer! Transfers are coming up on Wednesday, and I'll be meeting him then :) I'm super excited!

On Saturday morning there was a Christmas parade in Benicia! We set up a booth with free hot chocolate and candy canes. You can never go wrong with free stuff ;) right across the street from us were the Boy scouts, selling hot chocolate and candy canes, so I felt bad for stealing their customers, but they still made a lot of sales, haha.

Saturday night was the English ward's Christmas party! We had some cool investigators there, and we had an AWESOME dinner. There was turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and just awesome food in general!

Last night was probably one of the most fun nights of my entire mission! Every year, the church in Benicia hosts what is called the "Christmas Chorale". They invite all the local churches of other faiths to come together in our church building and they have the different choirs sing songs! It. Was. Wild. I don't remember all of the churches that attended but there were a few different Catholic churches, an Episcopalian church, a Baptist church, a Tongan church, and another one I think. They were all so different and awesome! It was really weird because for this special event, they allow everyone to clap and cheer sing loudly in the chapel. They had a drum set set up and everything. One of the churches played "Wade in the Water" with a Saxophone and everything! It was so exciting. The King Solomon Baptist Church went last, and it was INSANE. It was so loud and so intense.

Well, that was pretty much my short week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment