Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

WEEK 12: I'M A DAD!!!

December 22, 2014

So in mission terms, I'm a father! My son, Elder King, flew into California Tuesday morning, and we were paired together Tuesday night. Transfers were different this last week because of our All- Mission Christmas party. I had a day of training on Tuesday to help me train my new companion, then on Wednesday was the party! Since all of this happened in Santa Rosa, I spent the night with some other trainers at one of the senior couple's home. Their house was awesome. We woke up the next morning to blue berry French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, and a smorgasbord of juices. It felt like Christmas morning, haha.

After breakfast we drove to one of the big churches the Mission uses and we started our party! We had a devotional first thing in the Chapel where we had a Christmas program with singing and some instruments. It was so awesome. We have some really, really musically talented missionaries in our mission! Then after the devotional we had an awesome lunch/dinner while every zone performed something on stage, and there were some more individual performances as well. Our zone sang Little Drummer Boy, haha. It was... interesting. I was singing in the bass group and the only thing we sang over and over again, was, "Hrum Pum, Hrum Pum, Hrum Pum..." haha, very exciting.
After the party, we drove to the Mission Home, and we got a brand new car! They retired our old 2011 Toyota Corolla and gave us a brand new 2015 Corolla. It's sooo nice. It had less than 30 miles on it when we got it :). Gotta love the smell of a new car.

This week has been one of the best weeks out on my entire mission! I've had so much fun with my new companion and we've already been seeing a lot more success than in the past! My companion, Elder King is from Pleasant Grove, Utah and played football and wrestled for them in High School. He graduated the same year as me, and he's actually older than me by like a month!

It's been a really fun time training so far, and it's definitely stretching me to do more than I knew I could! I can definitely feel the Lord's help and support in my life right now. I find myself relying on Him more than I ever have before. If anybody is going through a rough point in their life right now, I challenge you to look for help in the scriptures and pray for answers to your problems. Prayer works, inspiration is real, the church is true,

I Love you all, Merry Christmas!!

Love,
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment