Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

WEEK 14: "Vallejo Don't Even Care"

January 5, 2015

January 5, 2014
Well this week was a pretty slow one for us. Almost every lesson we had seemed to fall through, and there just wasn't a lot that got done.
We did however come up with a new catch phrase for Vallejo! We have noticed that there’s just a ton of random stuff that happens in this city that just makes you think. I think I mentioned in an email a couple months ago where we saw a man relieving himself off the end of his bike at night time, on the road. Well stuff like that happens all of the time. Like yesterday we saw a man walking on the street, and without hardly breaking stride, he bent over, picked up an old cigarette bud off the ground, lit it up, and smoked it. Whenever we see anything like that, or when people like jaywalk across the highway during rush-hour, we just look at each other and say "Vallejo don't even care." Haha, we probably think it is tons funnier than it actually is.
Friday's are our weekly planning days, where we sit at the church, usually, and plan out what we're going to be teaching people for the next week! Well, usually these planning sessions take like 5 hours, and sometimes they are really, really boring. This week we decided to go get sushi and plan there :). We found an all you can eat sushi place just like 5 minutes from the church! I called in and asked how much they charge, and she told me, in a very, very thick Japanese accent, 13 dollars! Or so I thought. When we got there, it was $30 a plate. There where 6 of us missionaries and we all just decided to stay and eat our monies worth.
After two hours, we got up and left. Never in my life have I been so full of sushi, and that’s saying something! As we got into the car to go back to the church, I began to doubt my ability to hold it in. As we began to drive, it became very apparent, very quickly that I would not be stuffed for much longer. I rolled down the window, and luckily Elder King caught the hint to pull over. We hadn't even come to a stop before I spewed out the passenger window. As the second round came up, the car behind us honked their horn and yelled out, "party hard dude!" The other car of Elders had pulled up just in time to see round 3 and take some pictures, haha. I'll attach one at the bottom. [Along with] a picture of me cleaning off the side of our car, haha.
Oh another funny thing that happened this week was that my companion got an e-Stym Tense unit in the mail! Those are the things that they have at physical therapy places that send electrodes through your muscles. The zone leaders and [we] had a lot of fun attaching it to different muscles and cranking it up, haha.

Well, I hope everyone had an awesome New Years! Love you all, have a good week!

Love, Elder Butterfield





No comments:

Post a Comment