Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

WEEK 4: "Special Soup" and My First Baptisms!!!

October 27, 2014

Ok, so to start off, I forgot to write about my crazy dinner experience last week! After we did some service for one of our investigators, she invited us in for dinner! We'd eaten with her once or twice before and personally, I loooove her food. We were with the two zone leaders that day, so there were 4 of us there. When we got inside, she told us that she had made us her "special" soup! When we asked what was in it, she told us that it was a secret! She served us a few pieces of meat out of the soup along with some rice and beans. To make a long, disgusting, story short... They were pig feet. If any of you have ever had pig feet before, you know that there's really no meat on them! It's just bone, cartilage, fat, skin, and ligament. I ate it all! Honestly, I didn't think it was as bad as the others did, but it was pretty bad. After I finished mine, she asked if my comp wanted seconds, and he said no, which I was afraid would offend her, so I accepted seconds. Then after I had finished that, the elder next to me snuck all of his onto my plate, wrapped in a tortilla!! So I finished that too.
Since this wasn't technically our dinner (because we didn't know she was planning on feeding us), we had another dinner scheduled about 10 minutes after we got out of the house. We booked it over there and I honestly thought I was going to die, I was so full.
So yeah, there's the crazy dinner experience :)

So in other news, the World Series is going on! And the Giants are playing! What this means, is that everybody is inside watching and is too busy to talk to us. Also, as far as I know, the Giants are currently down in the series, which means everybody is angry and sad.

Earlier in the week we were knocking on doors, and I guess someone thought we were trying to break into their house, so they called the cops on us. We were walking down the street when 7 cop cars pull up in a line and talked to us. That was fun :)

Last P-day, so a week ago, our Zone Leaders had planned a nice game of glow-in-the-dark soccer for us! Yeah, that probably wasn't the best idea. We played in a gym that was completely black. Each person had a glow stick around there neck, so we could see them. I'm pretty sure everyone got pretty injured. One sister ended up with 2 black eyes. Both of my shins are still recovering from being kicked so hard. It was worth it though!

On Saturday we had two investigators get baptized -- A.R. and C. R., the same ones that gave us the pig feet!! ;) It was such an awesome experience! The day was suuuper stressful for a variety of reasons, but the important part is that everything went smoothly :). I had the honor of baptizing them both. Luckily nobody drowned or hit their head or something. I've heard plenty of baptism horror stories since being out. They were both so excited to be baptized. We had a great Sunday service as well, where they were confirmed and given the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was so strong.

Well, I'm out of time, but I hope you all have a great week!! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment