Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

WEEK 5: Halloween in Vallejo

Halloween in Vallejo

November 3, 2014

This week was about as good as any so far. Every once in a while we will go on exchanges with other Elders. This week, on Tuesday, I went on Exchanges with Elder Blaylock! He is about my same height and weight, and he's only been out for about a month longer than me! Hahaha, we had a blast! We are both greenies and neither of us really have the whole mission thing down yet, so we just went around talking to people and actually ended up teaching 5 lessons that day! We both had a ton of fun and felt like we did really well together! It was such a fun day.

On Thursday, my companion and I went Service tracting for a couple of hours. Service tracting is where we put on our service clothes and we go around a neighborhood knocking on doors looking for yard work or any other service we can do for people. We don't usually find a lot to do, but we do meet and talk to tons of people!

Halloween in Vallejo is kind of a sketchy holiday. We were told not to tract after dinner, but we still had a normal day during the day. We walked a toooon and just basically talked to people and tried to get to know them. After dinner we went back to the church and did our weekly planning. When we finished we got to play basketball, which I was verrry happy about!

I don't really know what to write about, but we did have a pretty exciting dinner on Halloween! We were at a member’s house who fed us some REALLY good squash and zucchini in a cream sauce! They also had some big Habanera peppers and some even hotter green peppers! One Elder was trying to show off and ate the Habanera in one bite. He didn’t say anything for a couple of minutes, and when I looked over, he had tears streaming down his face! Those peppers are brutal. I had a bite of the hotter green pepper, and my entire mouth went numb. I've never really liked spicy things before, but I'm starting to like it more and more!

Sorry this letter is so lame!! I'll try to write a better one next week.

Love, 
Elder Butterfield 

Happy Halloween!!!


P-day Basketball!

No comments:

Post a Comment