Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

Week 22: Crab Feed!

March 2, 2015

Well it’s been 2 full weeks since I last wrote! So much has happened that I can't remember anything at all ;) I guess I'll just go all the way back to Tuesday, two weeks ago!

On normal Tuesday's we have District meetings, where my companion and I teach our district for about an hour and a half. On Sunday night we got word that our Zone Leaders would be joining us here in Sonoma. Then on Tuesday morning, during our pre-meeting, the three APs came in! So all of a sudden, instead of teaching the 4 members of our District, we had the 4 Sonoma missionaries, the 2 Zone Leaders, and 3 APs, haha. It was a blast! The meeting ended up going extremely well, and for my part I ended up talking about something completely different than I had planned on. It was a great experience being led by the Spirit. I had planned on teaching about "declaring repentance," but it turned into, "how can I become converted to the Gospel."

On Saturday we had a crab feed! Crab feeds are very popular here in Sonoma and Napa. A crab feed is a dinner with all you can eat crab, and bread, and Spaghetti. Usually they cost about $50- $70 a person. Our ward here hosts a crab feed every year to raise money for the youth. Tickets cost $35, and missionaries got in for free!! Never have I ever eaten so much crab in one sitting. It was great!!! And free!

For the past couple weeks we have been doing more yard work than ever before, on my mission. We have done probably close to 25 hours in the past 2 weeks. We pull weeds, turn soil, chop down trees, rake leaves, etc. It's a blast :)

I can't really remember what else happened, except that one of our new investigators has come to church the past 2 weeks! We have actually never taught him a lesson about the Gospel. He comes to our English class every week, and that's where we met him. He has already developed friendships in the ward, and one of the members is helping him find work! Hopefully we can find time to teach him soon!

I'll leave you all with my brief testimony that I know this church is true, and that Jesus Christ is our Savior :)

Love you all!
Elder Butterfield



No comments:

Post a Comment