Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

Write to Elder Butterfield:

Current address:

Elder Nathan Butterfield
19014 Hickory Street
Sonoma CA 95476


Previous addresses:

155 Kathy Ellen Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94951

Week 23: Staying in Sonoma! :)

March 16, 2015

Dear Friends and Family,

How's it going? Is time flying by as fast in the real world as it is as a missionary? Not much happened this week out of the ordinary. We got information on transfers, though! I'll be staying in Sonoma with Elder Smith, so nothing will be changing for me :). 

Oh, I forgot to mention last week, but I was assigned to give a talk in church yesterday. The member of the bishopric who assigned it to me said he needed a 5 minute talk to go before the high councilman, and not to go any longer, so the high councilman could have enough time! He assigned me the topic of loving one another.

So, it turns out that even as a missionary it is still easy to put off a talk until Saturday night ;). Haha, I had been studying on the topic all week, but didn't sit down and start writing until Saturday night. I made sure to prepare a short talk but when we showed up at church yesterday, turns out one of the speakers was sick! I was told to lengthen my talk to 10 minutes. I'd attach the talk that I wrote, but as I began to speak, I almost forgot that I had written anything down at all! I spoke for about 15 minutes, so the talk I gave was completely different than the talk I prepared, haha. 

Some really good news is that our most solid investigator is still progressing quickly! He went four wheeling with one of the members on Saturday, and is really creating a bond with the members. It's so awesome when members work so well with our investigators! 

Sorry that I didn't have anything exciting to report on this week. Hopefully next week is more exiting!

Love,
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment